Sometimes you just need comfort food, but when you are gluten-free, you can’t just pull out mom’s tried and true recipes. Usually ingredient substitutions need to occur for your meal to be digestive friendly. Traditional meatloaf is a great, sure meal to please the family while being very filling and satisfying. As usual, whenever possible by organic ingredients to minimize toxin/chemical exposure and eat GMO food.
Gluten-Free Traditional Meatloaf
Servings 6 servings
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Passive Time 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup gluten free ketchup
- 1 tablespoon gluten free Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary herb or 2 drops YL Vitality line rosemary essential oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1/3 cup small onion finely chopped
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, combine all meatloaf ingredients, reserving 1/2 cup of ketchup and 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard for glaze. Mix well.
- Spread mixture in ungreased 8x4- or 9x5-inch baking dish.
- In small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients - 1/2 cup ketchup and 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard.
- Spread over meatloaf.
- Bake approximately 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Let meatloaf sit for approximately 10 minutes.